Sales Rep - Installation
There are two ways to install a Magento Extension:
Install via Magento Connect
If you are unfamiliar with extensions installation via Magento Connect, please read this article.
- Data Backup.
Backup your Data to your Magento database and web directory.
In the Magento admin panel, go to System → Tools → Backup.
- Disable Compiler. (If you are running an older version, 1.4 and lower, you can skip this step.)
In the Magento admin panel, go to System → Tools → Compilation.
In case "Compiler Status" is "Enabled", click on the “Disable” button.
- Download Extension and Extract Download.
When you download the extension, it will appear as a zip file. Unzip extension contents on your computer and navigate inside the extracted folder.
- Upload Files to Magento Folder.
Upload extension files to the main Magento folder.
- Clear Cache.
In the Magento admin panel, go to System → Cache Management and press the Flush Magento Cache button.
When you log back in after installation, your cart will look different in a number of ways.
- Your Order grid will now have 3 more columns, which you can disable if you like
- Inside Orders, there will be a new tab with information about Sales Reps and Managers
- Your Reports dropdown will have a new section with 2 new reports
- Under System → Configuration you will see a new section at the bottom for Lucid Path. This is where the majority of the configuration happens
- Under System → Permissions → Users you will see a new tab for each user, allowing you to specify individual commission rates
- Under System → Permissions → Roles there is an entire (and very long) list of permissions you’ll need to specify for each of the various roles.
Each of these sections will be covered in depth (with screenshots) in their respective sections.
Out of the box, the module will begin working. Without the appropriate configuration, however, it may not perform as desired.
Thus, a proper configuration should be your first priority, before even taking time to acquaint yourself with the software.
Get more information about the Sales Rep Commission Manager Extension for Magento
Find other Magento products at the CreativeMinds Magento Store
Let us know how we can Improve this Product Documentation Page
To open a Support Ticket visit our support center