CM Map Locations (CMML) - Importing/Exporting Locations Using KML and CSV Files
Importing / Exporting KML and CSV Files
Map Locations allows you to import and export map data. This can be done like this:
- Single location - Uses KML/KMZ files
- Multiple location - Uses CSV files
- Multiple locations - Generates KML files compressed in zip format. This is good if you want to move locations to a new site.
What are KML and CSV Files?
- KML (Keyhole Markup Language) - is a file format used to display geographic data in an Earth browser such as Google Earth, Google Maps, and Google Maps for mobile. KML uses a tag-based structure with nested elements and attributes and is based on the XML standard.
- CSV (Comma Separated Values) - is a file format that can be opened by text editors and also spreadsheet editors. In the case of this plugin can store coordinates and meta data such as postal code, description publishing status.
Accessing the Settings
To import or export, click on Export/Import under the plugin tab.
Importing a KML File
If you have a KML or KMZ file that contains your location, you can import it on this page. After importing the file, the location will show on the map and you can edit it, if you'd like.
Importing a CSV File
To import multiple locations at one chose CSV file and click Import CSV. User can easily create CSV file according to an example:
- "Local marketplace",45.2345,11.4633,"24/7 great shopping mall.","publish","Main Street, Italy","44534","market,italy"
- "Gas station",45.67543,11.54633,"no description yet","draft","Small Street, Italy","2345345","gas,italy"
Exporting KML Files
To download a ZIP file with KML files for each location, click Export KML Files.