Multi-Vendor Marketplace - Adding Supplier Name to Product Page
Adding Supplier Name to Product Page
Our customers experienced some difficulties with custom themes and displaying Sold By (supplier name) on product pages. For that reason, we decided to move this feature to a separate block.
This separate block needs to be placed manually, following these steps:
- Enable the Sold By feature in the Admin Panel
- Edit your layout XML file (catalog.xml)
Keep in mind, If you don’t have a custom theme, and you use the Magento default template, this file is placed at:
- versions before 1.9: /app/design/frontend/base/default/layout
- versions including and after 1.9: /app/design/frontend/rwd/default/layout
<block type=”marketplace/catalog_product_supplier_name” name=”marketplace.supplier.name” as=”supplier_name”/>
Your layout should now be ready!
"Sold by" can now be put anywhere in the template:
- Go to your theme's template
- Open catalog/product/view.phtml
- Insert the following line where you would like the "Sold by" information to appear:
<?php echo $this->getChildHtml(‘supplier_name’);?>