CM Video Lessons Manager (CMVLM) - How To - Restrict How Much Time Users Have To Watch Videos
Restricting How Much Time Users Have to Watch Videos
What is This Feature?
Starting from version 2.9.7 of Video Lessons Manager, admins can prevent users from watching videos after they have already watched content for a certain time.
The feature works individually - every user receives a time allowance to watch the videos. The admin can choose a limit that applies to all videos or define a different limit for each lesson.
If the time is up, the user will see a warning such as this when trying to watch a new video:
On the WordPress dashboard navigate to CM Video Lesson Manager → Settings → General.
Then head to the "Restrictions" submenu.
- Restrict video by - Choose how to treat video restriction:
- Global - One rule for all videos
- Lesson - Each lesson has a rule. You can define the restrict time when editing the lesson and checking the following metabox:
- Restrict video time per user - This feature will only have effect if Global was chosen in the previous setting. Choose the amount of minutes each user will have to watch before the videos get restricted.
- Reset restrict video time - Resets the restrict video time for all users.
Resetting The Timer of Specific User
You can reset the timer of specific users in their profile pages. To do this, go to Admin Dashboard → Users. Then, edit the relevant page. Inside, you will see the option "Reset restrict video time".
Changing the Warning Label
You can customize the restriction message in the label settings.