CM Video Lessons Quiz Add-on - Quizzes Common Settings
Quizzes Common Settings
Note: the Quiz Add-on is compatible only with Playlist and Tiles video layouts, and not compatible with the List video layout. Learn more about configuring videos layout in this guide.
TIP: Quizzes Load With Lesson
Quizzes always show on the same page as the lesson. They appear together with the videos - meaning, it's not necessary to watch them completely first.
It's possible to change some settings that affect all quizzes: where they show up, the minimum score to pass, the maximum number of attempts and type of score to be shown in the Progress Report.
To change these settings, head to Admin Dashboard → Video Lessons Manager → Settings → Quizzes tab, as shown:
- Correct answers percent to pass a quiz (0 - 100) - It's a percentage value. So, for instance, 100 would mean all (100%) answers must be correct to pass the quizzes, while 50 would mean that at least half (50%) of the answers has to be right.
- Allow multiple quiz attempt to user - Enable this option to let users attempt the same quiz more than one time. Disable it to limit attempts to one time. Note: this option was introduced in version 1.2.9.
- Max number of attempts per quiz (0 - to set as infinite) - Indicates the number of attempts the user has to pass the quiz. Note: this option works only if the option Allow multiple quiz attempt to user is enabled.
- Score type to show in the Progress Report (max, min, average) - The drop-down menu lets you choose between max (the maximum score between all tests will be shown), min (the minimum) and average.
- Show quiz as button - If disabled, the quiz will be displayed when the lesson is open and can be completed without watching the lesson videos. If enabled, the quiz can be opened and completed only by clicking the button after all videos in the lesson are watched. Note: this option was introduced in version 1.2.5.
- Show quiz on bottom (after lesson) - "Yes" shows on the bottom of the lesson page; "no" shows on top.
- Use priority auto increment for new questions - If enabled, every time you create a new question it will be ordered after the previous one. This is done by granting every new question will a higher "Question order" value. This can help with ordering.
- Show quiz summary - Displays a summary of the questionnaire after completion.
- Show correct answers in quiz summary - Displays all the correct answers in the summary.
- Show quiz summary in popup - Enable this option, if you want to display the quiz summary in a pop-up window. Note: this option was introduced in version 1.2.8.
- Enable redo question - Enable this option if you want to allow the users to resubmit incorrect answer, with no need of answering the rest of the questions. Note: this option was introduced in version 1.2.1.