Appointments Payments - Labels
Installing the Payments add-on adds one extra label which can be customized. Read more about Appointments Bookings' labels.
To configure this, head to the plugins' Options menu, as shown:
Then, click on the Labels tab.
Hover to the end of the page and, under Payment Labels, you will see the relevant label:
The Booking Price Label
This is the text shown to inform the cost of the booking. Its default value is "Cost of this booking is $%.2f"
What is "$%.2f"?
Since every booking has its own price, the label must be able to fetch the value depending on the appointment. Writing "$%.2f" does exactly this. If we consider a booking that costs $12.341, "$%.2f" will return "$12.34".
The code can be customized.
I have experience with coding
I don't have experience with coding
We can break it down to make it simpler to edit it:
The examples below use the $12.341 price.
- $ - Is not actually a code: it will be shown as written, so it can be replaced. That allows you to change the currency easily: "%.2f ¥" will return "12.34 ¥", for instance.
- % - This is a variable and will be replaced with the actual price.
- .2f - This section defines how many digits will be shown after the point. So, using "$%.1f" would return "$12.3", because 12.34 is rounded as 12.3.
- "US$ %.2f" returns "US$ 12.34".
- "%,.3fPLN" returns "12,341PLN".
More Information About Translating
EDD supports over 120 languages. For additional translations, EDD has a specific guide on the subject.