CM Footnotes (CMF) - Getting Started- Plugin Overview
What Is CM Footnotes?
CM Footnotes is a WordPress plugin that allows users to define some words/phrases in the post/page content by adding a small link near the given word/phrase and the description at the end of the document.
Footnotes are often found in books and papers which use rare/old/specialist terms. They are a useful way to further explain these concepts in a later moment or to cite sources.
How to use the plugin?
To use the plugin you need to follow these steps. The list below shows the steps in suggested order:
Each of the links will take you to the corresponding User Guide page describing the topic in detail.
- (required) Installation - how to get the plugin file, and install it on your page.
- Setting up:
- (required) Adding the first Footnote Item
- At this point you should be able to see your first footnote.
- We strongly suggest testing the plugin functionality with some simple phrase.
- (optional) Additional setup/troubleshooting
We also strongly recommend checking out the the Video Overview page of the plugin's documentation, where we'll be posting both the overview videos and the tutorial videos for the plugin.