CM Footnotes (CMF) - Getting Started - Plugin Overview
What Is CM Footnotes?
Prefer a Complete Step-by-Step?
Check our use case guide:
CM Footnotes is a WordPress plugin that allows users to define some words/phrases in the post/page content by adding a small link near the given word/phrase and the description at the end of the document.
Footnotes are often found in books and papers which use rare/old/specialist terms. They are a useful way to further explain these concepts in a later moment or to cite sources.
How to use the plugin?
To use the plugin you need to follow these steps. The list below shows the steps in suggested order:
Each of the links will take you to the corresponding User Guide page describing the topic in detail.
- (required) Installation - how to get the plugin file, and install it on your page
- Setting up: General Settings
- (required) Adding the first Footnote Item
- At this point you should be able to see your first footnote.
- (optional) Preventing Footnotes from showing on post/page