CM MicroPayments (CMMP) - WooCommerce - Getting Started
What is It
The WooCommerce integration allows users to buy WooCommerce products by spending their points.
To properly set up this, it's necessary to adjust both MicroPayment's and WooCommerce's settings.
Settings 1) - WooCommerce
First, head to WooCommerce → Settings → Payments.
Here, make sure the CM MicroPayment method is enabled.
Then click Manage.
There's another toggle to enable or disable MicroPayments as a payment method and you can also to configure the title and checkout button labels.
More importantly, the Currency to Points Ratio defines the value of points.
The formula to determine the is value of the points is Points*Formula.
- A product costs $5 and the user has 1 point. If Currency to Points Ratio is 5, the user has the exact amount of points to buy the product (5 ratio * 1 point = 5)
- A product costs $5 and the user has 10 points. If Currency to Points Ratio is 0.5, the user has the exact amount of points to buy the product (0.5 ratio * 10 points = 5)
For more information about setup of payments and payment gateways in WooCommerce, please refer to the WooCommerce plugin’s help.
Settings 2) - MicroPayments
Navigate to the Admin Dashboard → CM Micropayment Platform → Settings.
Click on General tab.
- Use WooCommerce for Checkout – Necessary to activate the integration.
- Grant Micropayment Points per purchase - Grant virtual currency points for purchases users make in your WooCommerce shop. This can reward users for purchases with points, which can also convert later to coupon codes or purchasing directly in your store (the last two options needs to be enabled to support this).
- Allow to convert Micropayment Points into discounts - This setting option allows users to use the shortcode to use the accumulated points to buy the discounts for WooCommerce products. The conversion ratio between points to real money value is based on the MicroPayments setting explained above. Discount codes can be used in the checkout before making the payment.
- Replace default currency in e-mails when purchasing with Gateway - Converts the prices of items from the default currency to points. For instance, instead of "$3", it will be "3 points".
- User who should get points for purchases - Choose "Admin" to grant the admin points for each WooCommerce purchase