CM Download (CMDM) - Extras - Import/Export (CSV Files, Server System)
TIP: Download File Example
Speed up the import process by using a sample file. Download CSV example file
Navigate to Admin Dashboard → CM Downloads → Import/Export.
You can export or import downloads as a CSV file, which can be edited as a spreadsheet.
Note that the CSV file doesn't contain files - instead, it lists information on every file, including their address.
TIP: Create a Template
Before starting, export a CSV file to generate a template that will be easy to edit.
CSV File Format
Prepare the CSV files only using a dedicated CSV editor or a spreadsheet editor as MS Excel or OpenOffice Calc in order to make sure you won't make any mistakes with the CSV format (especially when using HTML). Also, use the UTF-8 encoding for the CSV files.
Following columns in such order will be imported from your CSV file:
- Id - Post ID - not included on import.
- Title - Download title.
- Type - Package type, one of the following: file, URL, shortcode.
- Source - Source file URL or local absolute path to the file. A single value or JSON-encoded array with multiple values. On import, these files will be downloaded to the cmdm directory.
- Description - Download description. May contains HTML tags.
- Status - Post status, one of the following: publish, draft.
- Categories - Categories list separated by commas. May contains categories names, slugs or ids. During the import, the missing categories will be created. Optional on import.
- Mime - Download mime type, for example, application/zip. If missing will be recognized. Optional on import.
- Slug - Download slug. Optional on import.
- Page url - Permalink to the page that downloads has been previously exported. Optional on import.
- User id - ID of the user on the Wordpress the download has been exported from. Optional on import.
- Author display name - Display name of the user on the Wordpress the download has been exported from. Optional on import.
- Views - Number of views. Optional on import.
- Tags - Tags list separated by commas. May contains tag names, slugs or ids. During the import, the missing tags will be created. Optional on import.
- Screenshots - Screenshot URL or JSON-encoded array with multiple URLs. Optional on import.
- Created date - Download created date. Optional on import.
- Modified date - Download modified date. Optional on import.
Notices: Columns from ID to Description are required, but the ID may be empty
Please use the UTF-8 formatting.
Example CSV File
Import from the server file system
To import downloads from the server file system, choose the directory and set Status after import (published/draft).
Checking the option Trim out file extension in post title will affect the download names. For example, "File.zip" to "File".
Click Import files to finish. You should see a message "x downloads imported successfully".
More information about the CM Download Manager WordPress Plugin
Other WordPress products can be found at CreativeMinds WordPress Store
Let us know how we can Improve this Product Documentation Page
To open a Support Ticket visit our support center