CM HelpScout Docs Portal (CMHSDP) - How Plugin Works
How Plugin Works
The plugin supports collections, categories and articles, meaning it can show the whole content of a collection and same for a category. It also supports searching the HelpScout docs and showing pagination of the results. You can also display one single article using a shortcode.
To start working with CM Help Scout Docs Portal:
- Install and activate plugin.
- Fetch the Docs API Key from HelpScout.
It can be accessed by accessing your HelpScout account, clicking the person icon (1), Your Profile (2), Authentication (3) and copying the Docs API Key (4). For more information, check HelpScout's documentation on API.
- Go to Admin Panel → CM HelpScout Docs Portal → Options → Plugin Options tab and generate and paste the Docs API Key. Save changes.
- Now the connection between WordPress and HelpScout should be complete.
Including HelpScout Content on Your Website
- Place the shortcode on the post/page you want to display your documentation on.
- Include an attribute to specify what will be included. The options are
For example, for the following category:
The shortcodewould be required. It includes the category attribute and the URL value of that category.
and they should be followed by the URL value.