CM Expert Directory Community (CMEDC) - Settings (One Expert Per User Mode, Form, Claim and Recovery)
Navigate to the Admin Dashboard → CM Expert Directory → Settings.
Click on the Community Expert tab.
- Only one expert per user - Every user will have only one expert profile.
One Expert Per User ModeUsually, the dashboard shortcode shows the complete list of experts, as shown:
Additionally, you can use the shortcode
[community_expert_form self_edit="1"]to a page. Once logged-in users access this page, they will be directed to the edit form of their expert. So, if the page "site.com/edit-form" has this form, you can add this link to a button to direct users to the form.
What if the user already had multiple experts?
In the case this user had created multiple experts when the setting was off, the last expert created will be considered the assigned expert.
- CSV Import
- Only update empty values from CSV - When importing files via CSV, no value will be overwritten.
- Custom field identifier - The field in the CSV file used to identify each user. This is useful if the users have fields such as ID number, Passport etc.
These CSV settings affect the import feature (only in Expert Directory). Learn more: CM Business / Product / Expert (CMBD, CMED, CMPD) - Import and Export With JSON And CSV
Captcha will be used on places where the user can submit information. This happens on the add/update a expert and the claim a expert functionality.
You must provide reCaptcha v2 Invisible keys.
- Show Captcha - Check the box to secure the form with Captcha.
- Captcha key - Enter the Captcha key in the provided box.
- Captcha secret key - Enter the Captcha secret key in the provided box.
- Show Social Media Section - Lets users enter social network links
- Show Categories as Checkboxes - Lets users choose categories as checkboxes, instead of the default dropdown
- Show Tags field - Lets users enter tags
- Use text areas instead of WordPress Editor - Check this box if you want replace WP Editor with simple text areas fields.
- Allowed extensions in documents - Use . before the extension and list them with commas. Example: .pdf, .jpg, .xls
- Maximum number of documents - How many documents can be added. Enter 0 to allow any number of documents
- Show terms of service - If enabled, users will have to accept before submission
- Terms of service text - What text will be displayed. Accepts HTML
Scroll down to Moderation Settings. Check the box to have new submitted experts moderated. Select from the drop down menu who can add a new expert. if moderation is set, every expert which is submitted to the directory will have to be approved first before appearing.
Read more about Moderation Settings.
Notifications are used to send an email to the user submitting his expert on the status on the expert page and also to the admin managing the directory. In both cases you can customize the email template and decide it should be sent at all.
Read more about Notification Settings.
Add an Expert Form
- Suggest an Expert Page ID - Edit the link to suggest a expert form. This can be show up in the expert directory index page.
- "Suggest an Expert Form" - Link to the page with "Suggest an Expert" form. You can click the edit to open the page editor.
- Add "Suggest an Expert" link on expert directory index page - Check the box to add a link to the suggest a expert link on the expert directory index page.
- Maximum number of categories - Set the maximum number of categories that users can assign an expert to. The admin can always add more categories.
Expert Claim Settings
Read more about Claim Functionality.
Expert Recovery Settings
Read more about Password Recovery.