CM Contextual Product Recommendations (CMCPR) - Add a Product Recommendation to a Post
Adding a Product Recommendation to a Post
After you have added products to your list, it's time to add a recommendation to a post/page
In your WordPress dashboard, for all of the post types you've chosen a new metabox will appear where you can customize CM Product Recommendations Options for that post/page
You can customize certain features of the product recommendation widget that appears in the post:
- The amount of items displayed in a line
- The amount of lines of products to display
- Select to only show recommendations from one selected category (or all categories by default)
- For example, here there are 3 items displayed in a line, with only 1 line.
Placing the widget in the content
By default, the CM Product Recommendation Widget will be displayed at the end of the post.
You can display the widget in a different place or customize by applying the
In the example below, the widget is displayed in the middle of the post.
Optionally, you can specify the product categories which will be shown in the widget.
To do so, specify the category slugs in the attribute, as exemplified below. Note that the slugs must be written in lowercase.
Learn more about categories: CM Contextual Product Recommendations (CMCPR) - Product Categories
- Remember, a product will be recommended if you use the title word(s) or synonyms in the post, so make sure you use them.
- Each product will be displayed only once even if the multiple occurrences of the title/synonyms will be found in the content