CM Contextual Product Recommendations (CMCPR) - How To - Add/Remove Product Recommendation in Post
Adding or Removing Product Recommendations in a Post
After you have added products to your list, it's time to add a recommendation to a post/page.
In your WordPress dashboard, for all of the post types you've chosen a new metabox will appear where you can customize CM Product Recommendations Options for that post/page.
You can customize certain features of the product recommendation widget that appears in the post:
- The amount of items displayed in a line
- The amount of lines of products to display
- Select to only show recommendations from one selected category (or all categories by default)
- Disable recommendations altogether on this page
Placing the widget in the content
By default, the CM Product Recommendation Widget will be displayed at the end of the post.
You can display the widget in a different place or customize by applying the
- title - title for product list section. The default value is in the plugin option "Widget Label"
- cat - name of products category. If the attribute is not used, all categories will be considered
- limit - quantity of items. 3 by default
- template - "slider" or "default" is available. The default is "default"
- slides - quantity of slides in slider for desktops (when the device's width is bigger than 768px), 3 by default
- slide-width - slides width in px for desktops (when the device's width is bigger than 768px). The default value is in the plugin option "Slide width, px"
- text-length - how many characters the description has. The default value is in the plugin options
Learn more about categories: CM Contextual Product Recommendations (CMCPR) - Product Categories
Example With Specific Category
In the example below, the widget is displayed in the middle of the post. We use the category "music"
[cm_recommend title="We Recommend!" cat="music" limit="3" template="slider" slides="3" slide-width="230" text-length="40"]
- Remember, a product will be recommended if you use the title word(s) or synonyms in the post, so make sure you use them.
- Each product will be displayed only once even if the multiple occurrences of the title/synonyms will be found in the content
More information about the CM Products Recommendation WordPress Plugin
Other WordPress products can be found at CreativeMinds WordPress Store
Let us know how we can Improve this Product Documentation Page
To open a Support Ticket visit our support center