CM Contextual Product Recommendations (CMCPR) - Add a Product Recommendation to a Post
Adding a Product Recommendation to a Post
- After you have added products to your list, it's time to add a recommendation to a post/page
- In your WordPress dashboard, for all of the post types you've chosen a new metabox will appear where you can customize CM Product Recommendations Options for that post/page
- You can customize certain features of the product recommendation widget that appears in the post.
- You can change the amount of items displayed in a line
- The amount of lines of products to display
- Select to only show recommendations from one selected category (or all categories by default)
- For example, here there are 3 items displayed in a line, with only 1 line.
Placing the widget in the content
- You can put the product recommendation widget in any part of the post.
- To do this, simply put [cm_product_recommend] in any part of the post.
- By default the CM Product Recommendation Widget will be displayed at the end of the post
- If you want to display the widget in different place, or display more than on widget, you have to use the [cm_product_recommend] shortcode
- In the example below, the widget is displayed in the middle of the post
- Remember, a product will be recommended if you use the title word(s) or synonyms in the post, so make sure you use them.
- Each product will be displayed only once even if the multiple occurrences of the title/synonyms will be found in the content