CM Restrict User Account Access - Setting Access Limits for Users
Setting Access Limits for Each User
With the CM Restrict User Account Access, you can set daily, weekly and total limits for accessing your site for every user. It means, when the user reaches one of the limits while logging in, he won't be able to login to the site and he will the message:
If the user reached the daily limit, he will be able to access the site only the next day.
If the user reached the weekly limit, he will be able to access the site only the next week. You can define the day that the week should start from in the plugin's settings in the option Pick the First Day of The Week (Learn more about this option). You can choose between Sunday or Monday.
If the user reached the total limit, he won't be able to login to the site anymore, until admin changes or disables the limits.
To configure the limits navigate to Admin Dashboard → Users → All Users.
Choose the user that you want to set the limits for and click Edit:
Scroll down to the section CM Restrict User Account Access and enable the option Restrict user by number of accesses:
There will appear a few options:
- Restrict date (from) - Set the date and time, when the following limits will start working. Before the defined date and time the limits will not work.
- Total number of accesses - Set the number how many times the user can login to your site in total. This value must be more than for weekly and daily accesses.
- Weekly number of accesses - Set the number how many times the user can login to your site during the week. This value must be less than for total accesses and more than for daily accesses.
- Daily number of accesses - Set the number how many times the user can login to your site during the day. This value must be less than for total and weekly accesses.
If you want to make any of these parameters unlimited, you need to set the value "-1".
Since the version 1.1.3 you can make any of these parameters unlimited by checking the box Unlimited Access On/Off next to each option.
On the right from the fields you can see the Used Accesses counters.
It is useful when you want to know the statistics of user's logins to the site. The counter for the daily access refreshes every day, and the counter for the weekly access refreshes on the first day of every week. You can also enable and configure email notifications for the admin, that will be sent every time when some user reaches one of the limits. Learn more about notifications.
There are also two buttons:
- Reset login limits - Click it to reset the limits to the default values. You can define the default values in general settings of the plugin - learn more.
- Reset login counters - Click it to reset the counters to zero.
TIP: You can see user's limits in the menu
You can see the limits that you defined for every user in the All Users menu in the column Total / Weekly / Daily.
You can also see there a value Grand Total - it counts how many times the user logged-in in general. So, even if you use the Reset login counters button - it will not affect the Grand total value, as it counts ALL user's log-ins while the access limits are enabled for him. This value can be erased automatically only with deleting the user's account.