CM Restrict User Account Access - Settings - General
Settings - General
How It Works
Users whose account was restricted won't be able to login at all. They will, instead, see an error message (configured in these settings).
To access the plugin's settings, head to Admin Dashboard → CM Restrict User Account Access Pro → Settings.
- Pick the First Day of The Week - Choose the day that the week should start from. You can choose between Sunday or Monday. This option is important for setting the weekly limits of accessing the site. This option defines, when to reset counter of accesses. It means, it doesn't matter on which day the user was registered - in can be on Friday or Saturday, for example - anyway the counter of his weekly limits will be reset on Sunday or Monday - depending on what day you choose as start of the week. Learn more about access limits.
Note: this option was introduced in version 1.1.2.
- Default value for "Delete user after date" checkbox - Note that, even it's on, it will not set a date. This can be set for each user in the user edit page the setting Restrict user by date. This prevents accidental expirations and deletions.
- Login error message - The message will
be displayedon login if the user's account hasexpired or was deleted.
- Choose what to do with the content of a deleted user - You can either delete all the content or reassign it to another user with the help of setting below. This can also be set for each user on the user edit page.
- Pick the user to attribute content to: This option will only have effect if the previous setting is set to Attribute all content.
In version 1.1.2 were introduced 3 new options that let you define how many times your users can login to your site. You can set daily, weekly and total limits.
In the following 3 fields you should define the default number of logging in for the user:
- Pick the total accesses for user - This value must be more than for weekly and daily accesses.
- Pick the weekly accesses for user - This value must be less than for total accesses and more than for daily accesses.
- Pick the daily accesses for user - This value must be less than for total and weekly accesses.
If you want to make any of these parameters unlimited, you need to set the value "-1".
Since the version 1.1.3 you can make any of these parameters unlimited by checking the box Unlimited Access On/Off next to each option.
Note: the values you define in these fields are default. The default values are used in 2 cases:
- When the user is created and you enable limits for him - the start limit values are equal to default.
- If you changed the limit values for the user and later want to reset them to default.
You can enable and change the limits for each user by navigating to Admin Dashboard → Users → All Users. Learn more about it.
User Registration Settings
- Enable expire time after registration - Enable to automatically expire accounts after registration
- Time period - Input a number (for instance, 7)
- Time unit - Choose if the number will be hours or days (for instance, 7 days)
Expiration date set for users - Adds an expiration date to all accounts without any expiration date set.
|User Registration Date||Current Date||Number of days in this setting||Result|
|Jan 3rd 2020||Jan 1st 2020||2|| Account will now expire in Jan 5th 202
|Jan 5th 2020||Jan 10th 2020||10||Account will be reactivated and expire again in Jan 15th 2020|