Invitation Code Content Access - How To - Limit Codes to Four Digits
Limiting Codes to Four Digits
- You can switch between codes with four digits or long ones.
- It's not possible to use long codes when the four-digits code mode is on.
What is This Feature
It's possible to switch between two types of code:
- Long codes
- Four-digit codes
This feature was added in version 1.2.4. This mode causes some majors changes and this article will address them.
Head to Admin Dashboard → Invitation Code Content Access → Settings → General
Only two settings are relevant to us:
- Enable four digits invitation code - Codes will have four digits only. They are not case-sensitive. As such, abc1 is the same as ABC1.
- Four digits invitation code pattern - Only works if "Enable four digits invitation code" is enabled. You can choose which characters will be included:
- Numbers and letters (0-9 and A-Z)
- Numbers only (0-9)
- Letters only (A-Z)
What Happens When You Turn On Four-Digit Codes
- New codes will be generated with four characters only
- The code box will change and ask for four digits only
- Codes with more than four digits WILL NOT work
What Happens When You Turn Off Four-Digit Codes/strong>
This is important.
- New codes will be generated with multiple characters
- The code box will revert back to original
- Codes created during Four Digits Mode (with only four characters) WILL work
TIP: Choosing What Codes The Access Form Will Request
You can change the Content Access Form so that it asks either the long codes or the four-digit codes.
To do so apply the shortcode
[cmicca_access_code] with the view parameter.
[cmicca_access_code view=four]- The form will ask for long codes
[cmicca_access_code view=four]- The form will ask for codes with four digits
Learn more about the shortcode: Invitation Code Content Access - How To - Display Content Access Form (Shortcode)