CM Secure Login (CMAUTH) - How To - Restrict User Login By Number of IPs
Restricting Users by Number of IPs
By number of devices | By number of IPs
What is This Feature?
You can choose how many IP addresses are allowed for each user role.
How It Works:
- You set how many IPs are allowed for each user role
- When a user logs in, his IP is registered. The admin can manage all addresses from the user edit page
- If the user tries to log in using a new IP and the IP quota is full, the attempt will be blocked
Use Case: Only One IP At a TimeLet's say John Doe has an Editor role and access to sensitive information. On top of that, it's important to prevent other people from accessing his account and overwriting his work.
- Enable "Restrict user IPs"
- Limit the amount of IP addresses for Editor users
- Set "Maximum number of IPs allowed to user" to 1
Now, John can only log in from one IP. The first time he logs in, his IP will be recorded and he only that IP will be allowed.
Head to WP Admin → CM Secure Login → IP Tab.
- Restrict user IPs - Enables the feature
- User roles - Mark which roles will be affected
- Maximum numbers of IPs allowed by users - Choose a number, 1 or higher
- Accept only admin IPs - Only allows logins from specific IPs defined by the admin per each user. This means that login attempts from other IPs will be blocked even if more IPs slots are available
The IP list can be found while editing a user.
Learn more below.
Specifying IPs For Each User - Details
You can also choose which IPs can log in to each user account.
Start by editing that user from WP Admin → Users → All Users → Edit the relevant user.
Scroll down to the "CM Secure Login: IPs Protection" section.
If Accept only admin IPs is enabled, addresses not in the list will be automatically blocked
- Check how many IPs are allowed
- Enable or disable specific IPs and delete them from the list
- Add a new IP
- Save the current selection of IPs.
Trying to enable an invalid number of addresses will result in an error
More information about the CM Secure Login WordPress Plugin
Other WordPress products can be found at CreativeMinds WordPress Store
Let us know how we can Improve this Product Documentation Page
To open a Support Ticket visit our support center