CM Search and Replace (CMSR) - Saving Changes to the Database
Saving Changes to the Database
What is This Feature
The main functionality of the plugin is making replacements on the fly, without changing them to the database.
However, it's possible to commit replacement rules to the database. There are two ways.
1) Saving Changes in Specific Pages
You can enable a button on each page - it's visible only to the admin. Clicking on it will save changes permanently to the database.
The button will appear on each post or page, so the changes will apply to the current content only.
Head to Settings → Replacement Toggle Widget.
- Make sure Display Widget for is set to "Show to admin only"
- The option "Admin can save changes to database" will appear. Enable it
- Make sure you set it to appear on the top and/or the bottom of each post
Now, the button will appear when the replacement rules are applied.
2) Saving Changes Across Entire Site
When creating or editing a rule, you will see the button UpdateDb.
Click on it to perform that rule across the whole site.
For safety, the plugin will ask if you are sure before commiting the change.