Course Catalog - Settings - Course Catalog (Order, Filters)
Settings - Course Catalog
What Are These Settings
The Course Catalog settings change many aspects of catalog.
For settings directly related to visuals, check Settings - Catalog Appearance (Choose View, Hide Elements).
To edit the general settings, head to Admin Dashboard → Settings → Course Catalog tab.
Course Index Header
- Course Index Page ID - Select the ID of the page with the [cmcc_course] shortcode. All backlinks will be pointing to that page. Once the plugin is installed, it automatically creates a page with the shortcode in it so you don't have to set it manually
- Course order by - Choose from the drop down menu to select how the course page should be ordered in the catalog. The options are:
- Menu Order (from the Back-End
- Course Name
- Date Added
- Last Edited
- Order in ascending or descending order - Choose between Descending or Ascending
- Number of courses on page - Set the number of items on a single directory page. Use -1 to turn off the pagination
- Show pagination on top - Display or hide the pagination at the top of the catalog
- Show pagination on bottom - Display or hide the pagination at the bottom of the catalog
- Show the number of courses found - Display or hide the number of the courses found should be displayed
- Show items per page selection - Display or hide the categories. Dropdown means that a dropbox will be show and the user will be able to filter categories by the selected one.
- Open each Course Page (or Course Web Page) in a new tab - Opens both in a new tab? In technical terms, it adds the target="_blank" attribute to links.
- Link to Course Web Page instead of Business Page - Use or not the Course Web URL as Course link on the Catalog.
- Only show items on search? - Display items only after the user searches for them.
Catalog with two courses displaying a placeholder image
- Show or not images - Show or not on each view:
- Course Catalog view - In this case, the image applies to the course list only
- Tiles view
- List View
- Course placeholder image - If the course doesn't have a featured image, the plugin will show the one here instead. Don't leave it empty.
Choose which filters are available and how they should be displayed.
- Show search field - Enable or disable the search field
- Search in tags - Include tags in the search
- Display - Show or hide the following
- Subcategories in categories
- Custom taxonomies - You can also display them as tags or dropdown.
- search by location