CM Download (CMDM) - Downloads - The Single Download Support Mode (Displaying .zip File or All Files)
The Single Download Support Mode
When someone uploads several files to the same download page, they are compressed to a single .zip file. By default, the user who is downloading the item will have access only to the .zip file. However, it's possible to give access to individual files as well.
There are two options:
- Allow the download of one specific file, including the whole .zip file and each of its contents. This creates a drop-down menu, as shown:
- Allow the download of a selection of files, while also allowing preview. This results in a list of checkboxes, as shown:
Admin: Allowing Users to Use The Single Download Support Mode
The admin can allow users to provide these options heading to CM Downloads Pro → Settings → Upload Page → Allow single download support mode, as shown:
- Disabled for all downloads - Every download with multiple files will only be downloadable as a .zip file.
- Enabled for all downloads - Every download with multiple files will have the drop-down menu (the option 1 mentioned above).
- Customizable for each download - Every upload page will have the single download support mode options.
The following option, "Allow specific files download support mode", also affects which choices the users will have in the Front-End.
User: How to Configure the Download Support Mode
If the "Customizable for each download" option seen above is enabled, these highlighted options will appear on the file upload screen:
- "Allow single file download" - Enables the drop-down selection option for downloading files (Option one from the beginning of the guide).
- "Allow selecting specific files to download" - Only works if "Allow single file download" is enabled. This enables the checkbox list (option two).