Routes Anonymous Posting - Moderating Anonymous Routes
Moderating Anonymous Routes
This guide will explain in-depth how the moderation works within CM Maps Routes Manager Anonymous Posting.
What is Moderation
When routes posting is moderated, it means it will only be published once the admin approves it.
In the back-end, posts that were not yet approved will be listed as pending in the Locations list, as shown:
Moderation For Registered Users vs. Moderation For Guests
It's important to note that there are two levels of moderation: general (all users) and anonymous (guests).
- General moderation: applies to all users, whether they are registered or guests.
These options can be found on CM Maps Locations Manager → Settings. Read the plugin's guide about moderation.
- Anonymous moderation: only applies to unregistered users.
As explained in the Add-on's General Settings guide, the plugin's settings can be found on the path CM Maps Routes Manager Pro → Settings → Anonymous users tab.
Breakdown of Which Users Need Admin Approval
- General moderation (1) is on, anonymous moderation (2) is on: all users.
- General moderation (1) is on, anonymous moderation (2) is off: all users.
- General moderation (1) is off, anonymous moderation (2) is on: only guest users.
- General moderation (1) is off, anonymous moderation (2) is off: no one.
Under the plugin's settings, you can configure the notification emails for the Moderator and the route's author. The path is CM Maps Routes Manager → Settings tab → Notifications.
The email subject and template can include dynamic placeholders.