CM Ad-Changer (CMAC) - Getting Started - Free Version Tutorial
The Free Plugin
Download from WordPress.org | Learn about the Pro version of CM Ad Changer
The CM Ad-Changer free version acts as a fully customized banner rotating service for one site. Banner advertisements can be placed anywhere in a page or post using a custom shortcode or displayed as a customized widget.
There is no limit for the number of banners that can be made to appear on a given page. Changing the CSS of the banner can be done via a control panel in the admin user interface.
Displaying Banners with the CM Ad-Changer Free version
There are only a few steps required to add a clickable image banner to a page or post:
Create an Advertising Campaign
Navigate to Admin Panel → CM Ad Changer → Campaigns.
Then click Create a new Campaign.
Give Name and Description
- Under the Campaign Settings tab, you can give a name, add notes and activate the campaign.
Here's what you will see:
Add Banners to Campaign
- Add images to the campaign and choose if they will be displayed in order (based on weight) or randomly.
Add a shortcode or widget to any post or page
You can display campaigns by applying the shortcode
You can add the following attributes to it:
- campaign_id – ID of a campaign (required).
- linked_banner – Should your banner images be linked to a URL? Can be 1 or 0 (default: 1)
- debug – Show the debug info? Can be 1 or 0 (default: 0).
- wrapper – Wrapper On or Off? Can be 1 or 0 (default: 0).
- class – Banner(wrapper) class name?
- no_responsive – Banner not responsive? Can be 1 or 0 (default: 0). If a non-responsive banner attribute is defined, this cancels the use of banner variations, and instead, only banners with original dimensions are requested.
- custom_css – The CSS code which would only be outputted if the banner is shown. (default: empty).
- allow_inject_js – Allow server to inject JS? Can be 1 or 0 (default: 0).
Examples of custom shortcodes
- [cm_ad_changer campaign_id=”1″] – minimum attributes
- [cm_ad_changer campaign_id=”1″ debug=”1″] – outputs all banner info
- [cm_ad_changer campaign_id=”1″ linked_banner=”0″] – outputs banner as image without link
- [cm_ad_changer campaign_id=”1″ wrapper=”1″] – wraps banners with div tag