WordPress Ad Server (CMAC) - Getting Started - The Pro Plugin
The Pro Plugin
The pro version of the WordPress Ad Server is an advertising plugin that consists of two separate kinds of plugins: WordPress Ad Server and Ad Changer Client (never install both of them together on the same site).
The main plugin WordPress Ad Server serves banners to as many Ad Changer Clients as you want, making it easy to create separate advertising campaigns to display on several WordPress websites.
Features of our WordPress Ad Server
The Pro plugin server includes all free version features with the addition of the following features:
- Responsive Banners - support adaptive banner size based on browser screen size. Support mobile devices while serving the correct banner size.
- Notifications - Campaign manager will receive notifications to his email when a campaign stops.
- Rotating Banners - Support rotating banners.
- Client Plugin - Includes a client plugin that can be installed on a remote WP installation and serve campaign banners from the WordPress Ad Server. Each server can serve many clients simultaneously.
- Statistics - Include several statistics and access log modules. The log can be downloaded in CSV format. Statistics reports can be shown by month. Statistics also include geolocation information by country name.
- Restrict by Dates - Campaign can be restricted based on dates.
- Restrict by Days - Campaign can be restricted based on days in the week.
- Restrict by Domains - Campaign can be restricted based on client domains (which Ad Changer clients will be served or not per a specific campaign).
- Restrict by Clicks - Campaign can be restricted when it reaches a max amount of clicks.
- Restrict by Impressions - Campaign can be restricted when it reaches a max amount of Impressions.
- Custom JS - JS function can be added per campaign and executed once the banner is clicked.
- HTML Campaigns - Campaigns can display custom HTML content / Ads (set by WYSIWYG editor).
- AdSense Banners - Campaigns can display AdSense ads.
- Video Campaigns - Campaigns can display Video content takes from video networks or set by the user.
- Campaign Groups - Campaigns can now be grouped so you can display the Image/HTML/AdSense Campaigns with one shortcode! Campaign Groups Guide.
How it works
When setting up your campaign, you’ll be asked to define a number of parameters that will determine how your banners should appear on the client site. Then, after adding your banners or HTML ads, all you have to do is insert the campaign shortcode into the desired page or post and you’re done!
If you wish to display your ads on external websites, you should first install the client plugin on those sites, and then insert the shortcode exactly as you would on your own website.
Here is a diagram that shows an example of how to use the Client and Server plugins when they are installed on several websites.
When upgrading to Pro version of the WordPress Ad Server, remember to deactivate (or remove) the Free version of the plugin (if installed) before installing the Pro version.