CM Tooltip (CMTG) - Troubleshooting - Term is defined in glossary but does not appear on posts
Term does not appear on posts
There are many possible reasons why a term would not be highlighted on specified pages or posts. If this is occurring on your site, please check the following options:
- The term was mixed with HTML content- sometime you will find a “& nbsp;” instead of a blank line in the post or page where the term appears. Insert a spaceline to separate the term from these marks.
- If the term contains two-three words, you may find characters between them which do not appear on the page but exist in the term title, or vice versa, such as exclamation marks, dashes, and slashes. If this is the case, the term will not be parsed unless the plugin is set to identify term variations.
- Please check the page where the term should appear for JS errors (see this page for the details of how to do it in Chrome/Firefox).
- In the plugin settings under the Tooltip tab, check that the option Terms case-sensitive is not checked.
- If all the above does not work please check if this is a Theme issue buy activating another theme (best is WordPress default theme ) on your site and checking if the tooltip works with a new theme.
- Another rare issue is when the site theme does not use the “the_content” filter to output the content of the posts and pages (a technical term from WordPress). The “the_content” filter means that your content comes from the main text area in the page/post and not from custom fields. The plugin cannot identify all custom fields that you may be using, and therefore would not be able to parse the words. In such cases, the solution would be to adjust your theme to use content filters (another WP term which means that all content filters that are applied on the main text area should be applied also on custom fields).
The following articles may help:
CM Tooltip (CMTG) - Getting Started - Troubleshooting
CM Tooltip (CMTG) - Troubleshooting - Glossary parsing is not working properly on your WordPress blog?
More information about the CM Tooltip Glossary WordPress Plugin
Other WordPress products can be found at CreativeMinds WordPress Store
Let us know how we can Improve this Product Documentation Page
To open a Support Ticket visit our support center