CM Reviews and Ratings - Customization - Reviews and Ratings
Customization: Reviews and Ratings »
There are 3 ways to customize your front-end Reviews and Ratings:
- Display Options
- Design and Interface
Below are comprehensive guides to elaborately show you how to customize your Reviews and Ratings in all 3 different ways!
Customize Display Options (for Reviews and Ratings)
1.) Navigate to the CM Reviews Settings page » Ratings tab.
2.) Find the Ratings section on the page. This is where you can modify your Ratings display options.
3.) Make the necessary changes to your Ratings display. Below is a guide for each option provided:
- Display Ratings - This will enable showing ratings in posts and pages. If you wish for user ratings to be visible on the front-end, set this option to yes. (This will include the 5-star rating, rating average, rating total count and histogram table of all the ratings)
- Display ratings histogram table - This option (if set to yes) will show the percentage rating score for each post in a histogram table on the front-end.
- Display rating numeric average - This will show a post's average rating score (based on all of the ratings received).
- Display number of ratings - This will display the total number of ratings a post has gotten.
4.) After you've applied the changes based on your preference, don't forget to click the "Update" button found at the bottom of the page.
Customize Labels (for Reviews and Ratings)
Labels are titles / headers, placeholders, and any text string by the plugin that is being shown on the front-end of your site. To customize labels being used on your reviews and ratings:
1.) Navigate to the CM Reviews Settings page » Labels tab.
2.) On this page, you can modify the phrases being used in reviews and ratings (including the Review form).
Below is a thorough list of descriptions for each label being used by your reviews and ratings on the front-end:
- Ratings title - This is the main title / header for all ratings on a post. This header is shown above the over-all star rating, average score, rating count and histogram table on each post/page.
- Rating count text - This text is used when displaying the total number of ratings a post has received.
- Rating average text - This text is used when displaying the average star rating for a post/page.
- Histogram table text for stars - This text will replace the default word "star" when displaying the histogram table for ratings on a post.
- Reviews title - This is the main title / header for all Reviews on a post. This header is shown above the published reviews.
- Text before the Author name and date - This is the text shown on the Author line before the Author name and date of submission. By default, this text is set to "By", but can be changed to anything (e.g. "Submitted by", "Review by", etc.)
- No reviews were submitted -The text to display if there are no reviews to display on the post.
3.) Modify labels as you wish, this is a great way to customize the plugin to best suit your website.
4.) Don't forget to save your changes (if any had been made)!
Your label changes should now reflect on your front-end reviews and ratings. Congratulations!
Customize Design and Interface (for Reviews and Ratings)
1.) Navigate to the CM Reviews Settings page » Style tab.
2.) From this tab, you can customize the over-all aesthetic of your front-end reviews and ratings (including the Review form). But for this tutorial, we'll highlight on how to change the color theme for your reviews and ratings
Find the option for "Ratings color theme" -
- Ratings color theme - If you are not happy with the default orange color that ratings and reviews are being shown in, do not fret! You can change that orange color from here to any color of your preference. A live preview (for visuals) is provided for your convenience. The color text field will accept any valid HTML/HEX/RGB color code. Of course, you have the option to switch back to the default color (should you wish) by clicking the "Default" button.
3.) Make changes to your color theme, should you wish.
4.) And lastly, don't forget to save your changes!
Your changes should now be applied to your front-end Reviews and Ratings. Congratulations!
And that concludes our little lesson on how to customize your Reviews and Ratings in all 3 different ways! Feel free to reach out to our team should you have any questions, cheers!