CM Reviews and Ratings - Customization - Reviews and Ratings
Customization: Reviews and Ratings
There are 3 ways to customize your front-end Reviews and Ratings:
- Display Options - Choose what appears in the Front-End interface
- Labels - Translate the interface
- Design and Interface - Change colors and apply advanced styling
Below are comprehensive guides to elaborately show you how to customize your Reviews and Ratings in all 3 different ways!
It all starts by going to Admin Dashboard → CM Reviews → Settings.
Customize Display Options (Ratings)
1.) Navigate to the CM Reviews Settings page → Ratings tab.
And, under Ratings
2.) Make the necessary changes to your Ratings display. Below is a guide for each option provided:
- Display Ratings - This will enable showing ratings in posts and pages. If you wish for user ratings to be visible on the front-end, set this option to yes. (This will include the 5-star rating, rating average, rating total count and histogram table of all the ratings)
- Display ratings histogram table - This option (if set to yes) will show the percentage rating score for each post in a histogram table on the front-end.
- Display rating numeric average - This will show a post's average rating score (based on all of the ratings received).
- Display number of ratings - This will display the total number of ratings a post has gotten.
- Suggest search engines to show rating - Send detailed information to search engines so that they may display ratings information. Learn more: AggregateRating - schema.org
3.) Check the Rating Selection submenu to change the rating icon
You can choose between:
- Star - The default icon
- Predefined Icon - Choose between the hearts or smiles
- Custom Icon - Add the URL of a icon set of your choice.
- It has to follow these rules:
- format must be png
- 1st object full, 2nd half full & 3rd empty
- height must be 17px.
- width must be 58px.
- Example file:
- It has to follow these rules:
4.) After you've applied the changes based on your preference, don't forget to click the "Update" button found at the bottom of the page.
Customize Display Options (Reviews)
1.) Navigate to the CM Reviews Settings page → Reviews tab.
2.) Make the necessary changes to your Reviews display. Below is a guide for each option provided:
- Display Reviews - This will enable showing reviews in posts and pages. If you wish for user reviews to be visible on the front-end, set this option to yes.
- Display review content - Includes the actual text of the review. If disabled, only the title will be shown.
- Display review author name - Shows or hide the author name.
- Display review date - Shows or hide the review date.
- Display the review author's e-mail - Shows or hide the author's email.
- Display the response for the review - Shows or hide any response the review might have.
- Display the pagination for the review - Separates the reviews into pages.
- Items per page - Only applies if the previous option is enabled.
- Limit review display size - Trims the review content.
- Text size (words) - How many words will be shown before the "Read more" message.
- Date Format - Format used to represent the creation date and time of a review.
- Accepts: Y (Year), m (month), d (day), H (Hour), i (minute).
- Default: Y-m-d, H:i
- Enable likes/dislikes - Allow users to vote using like and dislike buttons.
- Enable emotion rating - Allow users to vote using five emotion buttons: Happy, Amused, Angry, Indifferent, Excited.
3.) After you've applied the changes based on your preference, don't forget to click the "Update" button found at the bottom of the page.
Customize Labels (for Reviews and Ratings)
Labels are titles / headers, placeholders, and any text string by the plugin that is being shown on the front-end of your site. To customize labels being used on your reviews and ratings:
1.) Navigate to the CM Reviews Settings page » Labels tab.
2.) On this page, you can modify the phrases being used in reviews and ratings (including the Review form).
Below is a thorough list of descriptions for each label being used by your reviews and ratings on the front-end:
- Ratings title - This is the main title / header for all ratings on a post. This header is shown above the over-all star rating, average score, rating count and histogram table on each post/page.
- Rating count text - This text is used when displaying the total number of ratings a post has received.
- Rating average text - This text is used when displaying the average star rating for a post/page.
- Histogram table text for stars - This text will replace the default word "star" when displaying the histogram table for ratings on a post.
- Reviews title - This is the main title / header for all Reviews on a post. This header is shown above the published reviews.
- Text before the Author name and date - This is the text shown on the Author line before the Author name and date of submission. By default, this text is set to "By", but can be changed to anything (e.g. "Submitted by", "Review by", etc.)
- No reviews were submitted -The text to display if there are no reviews to display on the post.
3.) Modify labels as you wish, this is a great way to customize the plugin to best suit your website.
4.) Don't forget to save your changes (if any had been made)!
Your label changes should now reflect on your front-end reviews and ratings. Congratulations!
Customize Design and Interface (for Reviews and Ratings)
There are many options to customize the style of the reviews. Learn all about it in the specific guide: CM Reviews and Ratings - Customization - Design and Interface
Your changes should now be applied to your front-end Reviews and Ratings. Congratulations!