CM MicroPayments (CMMP) - Easy Digital Downloads Payment Gateway
Setting Up Gateway
CM Micropayment Platform allows you to allow users to use their points as payment currency in the Easy Digital Downloads shop you're running.
To use the Easy Digital Downloads Payment Gateway, you need to do the following:
- Enable it in the Micropayment Settings
- Setup the Gateway in the Easy Digital Downloads
Below: To enable the Easy Digital Downloads payment gateway, you need to check the option called "Use Easy Digital Downloads for Checkout" in the Settings -> General
Below: The settings of the Gateway in the Easy Digital Downloads. As you can see the "Use My Credit" is the label of the Payment Gateway and it's set as the only Gateway available.
In the Settings you can set:
- Gateway Admin Name - name under which the Gateway will be displayed in the Admin Dashboard screens
- Gateway Checkout Name - name under which the Gateway will be displayed in the Checkout
- Checkout Wallet Label - label for the field where users will need to put their Wallet ID
- Currency to Points Ratio - the ratio used to calculate the price of the items from the regular prices (eg in USD) to the price in points. Which allows you to set the value of the points.
Generally the bigger the ratio, the less valuable the points are.
Using the gateway
After setting up you can use the gateway as any other payment gateway.
On the checkout after selecting the Gateway user will have to just fill the Wallet ID (which is pre-filled if the user is logged in and the Wallets are assigned to users).
Below there's an information on how much points would be required to purchase and how many points are left in the given wallet.
Below: Example Checkout with the CM Micropayment Gateway selected.
After the transaction, if it's successful, the number of points will be subtracted from the Wallet and the transaction will appear in the Wallet's history.