CM Expert Directory Community (CMEDC) - How To - Let Users/Visitors Claim Experts
Expert Claim Functionality
Expert Login is not WordPress Login
Each expert has an unique login and password. This is not tied to WordPress users.
Navigate to the Admin Dashboard → CM Expert Directory → Settings.
Click on the Expert Community tab.
Scroll down to the Expert Claim Settings section.
- Claims management - Check the box to allowing experts to be claimed by site users. if this is checked than users can claims existing expert pages which have not been claimed yet. Once claimed an email will be sent to the admin which can accept or reject the claim.
- Disable claim moderation - If enabled, the first user that claims the listing will automatically become the owner.
- Login form on expert page - Checking this option enables the ability to log in on the expert page.
- Require captcha for claims - Check the box to add captcha to secure expert claiming form.
- Allow multiple pending claims for one expert - Check the box to allow multiple claims by one expert. it is advised not to allow multiple claims to prevent human bots.
Expert Claiming Process
What The User Does (Front-End)
First, the user has to open the Expert Page, toggle Claiming form and send his name and e-mail address to admin.
What The Admin Does (Back-End)
Then, on the Expert Edit page, the admin can select one of the users (who sends theirs e-mails) and update the post. Here admin can also clear whole claimers list.
After updating an Expert, the user is assigned to it.
The admin can now send the login and password to the user can edit the Expert information. The admin can also update both login and password at any time.
The user will then get an e-mail with credentials. They can login on the Expert Page via the new form and edit the expert.
TIP: No Claim Field? How To Deassign Expert
If an expert profile is assigned, it's not possible to claim the profile.
As such, the Claim Field will not appear, despite the settings.
To deassign an expert, clear the Owner Email field.
As a result, the Claim this expert field will be shown.
How The Admin Manages Claims
From the WordPress dashboard navigate to CM Expert Directory Pro → Settings → Claim Requests.
From here, the admin has an overview of all claim requests.
For each, the admin can accept, reject and delete the request. Finally, it's possible to resend the claim confirmation email.