Header and Footer Script Loader - Settings
Finding the Settings
- Navigate to the plugin on the dashboard.
- Click on the plugin to activate the drop down menu and click on Settings
- This is the screen where you are able to add scripts.
Note: The Cleanup database button allows you to remove all of the data stored by the plugin in the database. The information cannot be reverted.
Adding a Script
- Enter the Script Name in the first box provided. (Example: Google Analytics Code). The script name will help you later identify your scripts and styles but other than this does not have any impact.
- You can also use the Disable Script toggle to disable
- A. Enter the Script Name in the box.
- B. Enter the Script Code in the box provided.
- On the right side of the box, choose the settings for the script.
- A. Choose from the drop down menu to select a Script Type. This is useful when you didn't place tags around the script (for example <script></script>). In such cases the plugin will automatically add the tags and wrap the script with them
- B. Choose from the drop down menu to select a Script Location. This is important aspect to help you optimize your WordPress site performance. Select from:
- Header Script
- Footer Script
- After opening body tag
- C. Choose from the drop down menu to select the Autoload Option. There are five options.
- Load by default on All Posts and Pages - The script will always load unless per specific posts it will be turned off
- Load on Homepage - Loads only on the page specified in the website as homepage
- Load on Specific Posts - This will let you choose which custom posts type the script will load for
- Load on specific Urls - Specify which Urls the Script or CSS will load for. Can accept parts of URLs (e.g. directory names). Will also load for any sub directory of a directory specified here
The field accepts regex patterns.
- Don't load by default - This will prevent the script from loading automatically and will still leave the option to turn it on per specific posts and pages (requires Pro)
- D. Choose which device types will trigger the script. There are three options:
- All Devices
- Click the Delete button in the upper right hand corner to delete the box.
- Click on the blue Add New button to add a new box. You can add unlimited number of scripts and styles.
- Click on the blue Save Changes button to save changes.