Course Catalog Calendar - How To - Add Calendar
What This Add-on Does
The Course Catalog Calendar (Learning Management System) WordPress add-on allows showing courses in the calendar mode. The students can easily pick up any convenient time and the courses available during the selected dates, and open the course for more information.
What Is This Feature?
A shortcode adds features to your WordPress website without requiring complicated computer code.
Place the calendar anywhere on your site using the shortcodes. Below you’ll find an example of the shortcode that you can use to add the calendar.
[cmcc_calendar_view category="book-production,coding,mathematics,science" view="calendar" days-labels="Sun,Mon,Tues,Wed,Thurs,Fri,Sat" mon-labels="January,February,March,April,May,June,July,August,September,October,November,December" mon-short-labels="Jan,Feb,Mar,Apr,May,Jun,Jul,Aug,Sept,Oct,Nov,Dec"]
How to Add Calendar to the Frontend
To add the calendar to the Frontend, let's create a separate page. Please navigate to the Admin Dashboard → CM Pages → Add New.
To add the calendar, please use the shortcode mentioned above. You can also use the following values to:
1. Add multiple courses at once. Use the course slug and insert it into the brackets ".."
2. Show your courses in the calendar or the list view:
3. Display custom taxonomies, please use:
custom-tax1 (custom-tax2, custom-tax3, custom-tax4)
4. Show the month/day labels and translate them into other languages, please use:
- add weekday names, by default "Mon, Tue, Wed..";
- enter month full names, by default "January, February, March.." ;
- enter month short names, by default "Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr..";
Please insert this shortcode into a new page in the Backend. This is how your page will look like:
How to Change Colors
With the Course Catalog Calendar add-on you can edit the colors for each course in the calendar list. To achieve that, please open any course in the editing mode, and scroll down to the Course Calendar Background Color section.
Select the color in the color palette and Update the course.