Course Catalog - Categories - Adding and Managing
If there are two or more courses on the same topic, you can combine these courses into one section. To add and manage categories, navigate to Admin Dashboard → Course Catalog Pro → Categories.
This screen offers an overview of all course categories. You can filter and edit them.
Add New Course Category
These are the most relevant options
- Name - a title of the course category visible for the admin.
- Slug - a part of a URL identifying the course category page on your website. For example, the friendly URL for the category can be https://mywordpresscourses/languages, and the slug simply is ‘languages’.
- Parent Course Category - make this course a child of another one.
- Description - Add a description for the category. The description is not visible on the Frontend, but some themes can show it.
- Frontend Label - add a title of the category visible on the Frontend.
- Featured Image - upload the image from the Library or your Computer to display with the course category. To delete the image click on the Remove Image button.
- Course Index Link - add the page URL where the Back to Course Index button should link to.
Course Categories List
Here is the grid with all the existing course categories. You can search categories by keywords in the Search box above the list.
The plugin allows removing multiple categories in bulk. Just select necessary categories, choose Remove in Bulk Actions and click on the Apply button.
The list contains the following information:
- Name - Shows a title of the course category
- Description - Shows the category description
- Slug - Displays the category URL version
- Count - Shows how many courses included in the category
Edit Course Categories
To manage the existing categories, hover over a necessary category and click on the Edit link.
The Edit page has the same settings mentioned above. After the changes are applied, click on the Update button.