CM Map Locations - Add-on - Custom Fields
CM Map Locations Custom Fields Add-on
Prefer a Complete Step-by-Step?
Check our use case guide:
Custom Fields is an add-on to the CM Map Locations plugin.
The add-on allows you to create new custom fields for your locations. They can be one of three types: single-line text, multiple line text, and 5-grade scale. This guarantees a wide array of possibilities.
- Restaurant Review - Add the 5-grade scale fields "Cost-benefit", "Quality", "Service" and a multiple-line field "Review" to inform your readers about the venues you've visited.
- Traveling Blog - Add the text field "Tourist Tips" to help fellow travelers. Then, add the fields "Accessibility" and "Best Time to Visit" for the complete service.
- Journal - Add the text field "Best Memories" to locations that made a good impression on you.
- And much more!
Using - Adding Custom Fields
Head to Admin Panel → CM Map Locations Pro → Settings → Custom Fields tab.
In there, you will find a table where you can create as many custom fields as you would like.
For that, simply click Add new field, and set:
- Text label - The name the users will see.
- Meta key - This only serves to help the add-on identify the custom field. It will not affect sorting.
- Field type - Choose between:
- Single-line text field: Text in a single line. Best for small text such as "Yes"/"No", telephone numbers, etc.
- Select (drop-down field): Allows the user to choose a value from a list. Dropdown is good if you need to give a user options with very little space.
- Radio field: The user can choose one options from two or more from the list.
- Multi-line text area: Bigger area to write. Best for content such as analysis, impressions, lists, etc.
- 5-grade scale: Ranking from 1 star to 5 stars. Best for ratings of any sorts, such as "Beauty", "Price", "Cost-benefit" etc.
- Field values (only used for select and radio) - Values that you add to the list for choice.
- Multiselect (only used for select and radio) - Enable this option so the user can choose more than one option from the list.
Note that custom fields apply to all locations - the ones you add on this page will be available when editing any location.
Interface - What Users See
Editing a Location
When editing a location, the new custom fields will appear as soon as the place is marked on the map.
Editing the location "Colosseum" with the new custom fields "Beauty", "Highlights", "My Impressions", "Cost-benefit", "Tourist Information", and "Park Spot".
The image below highlights the new custom fields.
Custom fields with no value will not be shown.
Interface - Label
The add-on has a single configurable label.
It can be found on Admin Panel → CM Map Locations Pro → Settings → Labels.