SEO Keyword Hound - Settings - API Configuration
Settings - API Configuration
The API settings allow you to connect the plugin to Big Huge Thesaurus, the Remote Density Tool and Google Analytics.
Table of Contents
- Accessing the Settings
- Thesaurus API
- Google Analytics
- Google Search API
- Google Search Engine ID
- MOZ Access ID and Secret Key
Accessing the Settings
You can find the settings for CM SEO Keyword Hound in the path Admin Dashboard → CM SEO Keyword Hound → Settings.
To generate a key, please go to Big Huge Thesaurus' website.
- Create an account on Big Huge Thesaurus' website.
- Log in
- Briefly describe the use of the key (integration with the SEO Keyword Hound) and add your website URL
- You will be directed to a new page. Navigate to the "API Key" section to fetch it
This section doesn't involve an API key. Rather, you must copy a link into the following field:
- Access the Google Analytics Home.
- Choose the view which you would like to monitor.Learn more about Views in Google Analytics' help resources: About views - Analytics Help.
- Copy the URL of this page.
- Add it to SEO Keyword Hound's settings.
- Save the settings.
- The plugin will extract the Account ID and View ID from the provided link. If you would like to change it, click the Change button.
Google Search API
You can get it from Google Custom Search.
- Access the page Google Custom Search
- Click on the button Get Key
- Create a project (the name doesn't matter)
- Wait for some seconds while the key is generated
- Copy the key
Google Search ID
You can create one in Google Custom Search Engine Control Panel by clicking "Add" button.
- Log in to a Google account, if you haven't done so already
- Access the Google Custom Search Engine Control Panel
- Click the Add button
- Input any domain in the "Sites to search" field
- Once the custom search engine is created, head to the Control Panel
- Choose Basics, head to Sites to search. Select the domain you typed and delete it
- In the same screen, click on the Search engine ID button near the Details section and copy the ID
For more information, check Google Search's documentation.
MOZ Access ID and Moz Secret Key
You can get both for free by following these instructions.
- Create a free community account
- You will receive an email from Moz. Access it and activate the account
- Log in
- Click "Manage Mozscape API Key" to generate an Access ID and API key
- You will find both the Access ID and the Secret key in the following page (Credentials)
For more information, check Moz's page.