WordPress Ad Server (CMAC) - Client - Setting up the Client Plugin
Setting up the Client Plugin
The Ad Changer Client plugin includes settings that connect the client sites and server site. Client settings are customized in the plugin control panel and there are several ad banner display options.
General Client-Side Plugin Settings
- Client Active - Defines whether the Ad Changer Client is active. If this is set to OFF, no banners will be displayed by Ad Changer Client via any shortcodes or widgets.
- Ad Server Domain - This specifies the URL address of the WordPress Ad Server plugin installation (i.e. where the WordPress Ad Server is installed).
Custom CSS styles can be directly inserted into the HTML heading of the page or post where the banner is going to be displayed. This feature helps to adjust the page layout and style.css in order to accommodate the positioning of the banner image in certain cases.
Choose Slideshow Options for Rotating Banners, such as switch effect, intervals, and transition time. This setting is client-based therefore can be changed on the client side while running the same campaign.
Responsive banners resize according to the screen size of the device being used. With responsive banners, your ads are always appropriately resized according to device requirements.
- Using Banner Variations - When this option is active, only banners with appropriate dimensions will be displayed. This allows client sites to ask the server for the correct banner size, and display it according to current browser settings. Browser settings are detected before the server shows the banner, this sometimes means that there is a slight delay in loading the banner before it is served to the client.
- Choose Variations based on Width - Whether or not specific banners are chosen is primarily determined by the device screen width, or by the width of the page or div element which contains the banner shortcode or widget.
- If No Variations are Available - Allow the plugin to Resize Banners in cases when there the appropriate variation for a particular device is not available. This option allows responsive banners to accommodate for a foreseen circumstance when all the banner variations are larger than expected, or for when no other defined banner variation exists.
View our Responsive Ad Demo