CM Ad-Changer (CMAC) - Getting Started - Plugin Settings
After installing the server side plugin, navigate to Admin Panel → Ad-Changer → Settings where you will see settings tabs.
- Server Active – Defines whether the Ad Changer Server is active to accept banner requests.
- Disable history functionality – Turn off data collection on clicks, impressions, etc. This may help improve speed and performance.
Server Geo-location Settings are implemented with an API developed by http://ipinfodb.com/, which can be used to show the geographical location of users accessing your ads in reports and statistics.
It does not however let you define campaigns by geo location.
Choose Slideshow Options for Rotating Banners, such as switch effect, intervals, and transition time.
This setting is client based, therefore it can be changed on the client side while running the same campaign.
Server Custom CSS settings relate to the layout of banners on your website. This setting overrides the style.css parameters in your WordPress theme.
Responsive banners resize according to the screen size of the device being used. With responsive banners, your ads are always appropriately resized according to device requirements.
- Using Banner Variations – When this option is active, banner variation which means that only banners with appropriate dimensions will be displayed. This allows client sites to ask the server for the correct banner size, and display it according to current browser settings. Browser settings are detected before the server shows the banner, this sometimes means that there is a slight delay in loading the banner before it is served to the client.
- Choose Variations based on Width – Whether or not specific banners are chosen is primarily determined by the device screen width, or by the width of the page or div element which contains the banner shortcode or widget.
- If No Variations are Available – Allow the plugin to Resize Banners in cases when the appropriate variation for a particular device is not available. This option allows responsive banners to accommodate for a foreseen circumstance when all the banner variations are larger than expected, or for when no other defined banner variation exist.
View our Ad Changer’s Responsive Ad Example
In the Trash tab, the admin can remove statistics between two set dates.