CM Search and Replace (CMSR) - Using Regex
A regular expression (abbreviated regex or regexp and sometimes called a regular expression) is a sequence of characters that define a search pattern, mainly for use in pattern matching with strings, or string matching.
- You can place Regex inside the From String and To String
- Make sure to checkbox the Regex option once doing this
Some examples of Regex resources:
- Regular Expression Examples
- The MicroSoft Regex tutorial for find and replace teaches how to build your own Regex
- Or use this tutorial guides you through the different Regex options
You can use Regex in the search and replace rules to create more specific and defined replace rules.
The video below explain this by providing an example
More information about the On Demand Search and Replace WordPress Plugin
Other WordPress products can be found at CreativeMinds WordPress Store
Let us know how we can Improve this Product Documentation Page
To open a Support Ticket visit our support center