CM Video Lessons EDD Payments (CMEDDPAY) - Subscriptions - How the Payments Work
Subscriptions - How the Payments Work
Subscriptions allow users to view a specific video or lesson (a collection of videos).
- Once a subscription expires, it will not be renewed. If you want automatically renewed payments, it's necessary to use also WooCommerce Subscriptions.
- Users cannot add EDD or WooCommerce products directly to checkout. Users have to use the payment box displayed instead.
If a user without an active subscription tries to view videos, he/she will be asked to purchase one.
To purchase a subscription, the user will have to choose pricing model, then click on Checkout and proceed with the rest of the purchasing process:
Note that users cannot add EDD or WooCommerce products directly to checkout. Users have to use the payment box displayed instead.
After checkout and payment, a subscription will be created on the plugin's Subscriptions page on the Admin Dashboard. Here the admin can remove or deactivate/activate subscriptions.
With a paid subscription, videos can be watched.
Adding subscriptions manually
To add a subscription manually, the admin should navigate to
1) In order for subscriptions of individual videos, lessons and/or courses to work, head first to Admin Dashboard → CM Video Lessons Manager Pro → Settings → Payments tab.
Mark Payments model as "Separate payment".
2) Then, head to Admin Dashboard → CM Video Lessons Manager Pro → Subscriptions. For each video, lesson or course, you can choose different pricing model. Click on Add subscription button.
3) Once the subscription is added, it will appear on the list as seen below and the user will be able to watch the selected video, lesson or course.