CM Download (CMDM) - Downloads - Using FTP Storage Instead of Local Storage
Downloads - Using FTP Storage Instead of Local Storage
By default, when you and your site visitors upload files, they are stored on your local storage. Since the version 4.5.3 it is possible to store the files on your FTP storage.
To change it, navigate to the Admin Dashboard → CM Downloads Pro → Settings → Remote Storage tab.
The Remote Storage tab has two sections with options.
First section General has only one option:
- Choose your storage - Choose the storage type that you want to use:
- Local storage
- FTP storage
Have a note that you can use only one of the storages. For example, if you choose FTP storage, then downloads that you uploaded earlier to the Local storage will not work, and vice versa.
In the section you need to configure FTP settings. The options are:
- The name of ftp server - Enter the name of your FTP server.
- Login of FTP Server - Enter the login of your FTP server.
- Password of FTP Server - Enter the password of your FTP server.
- Choose your FTP PORT - Enter the port of your FTP server.
- Choose FTP ssl true or false mode - Enable FTP SSL mode.
- Enable passive mode on FTP - Enable passive mode on the FTP server.
- How many seconds you need to connect to FTP - Set the amount of seconds needed to connect to FTP. Default value is 90 seconds.
- FTP sitename of path to get files from FTP - Enter the FTP site name of path to get files from FTP.
- Choose target path for files on FTP server - Define the target path for files on your FTP server.
When configuration is done, click the button Save settings.
When using FTP storage for downloads, have a note that file names must contain only Latin letters and numbers.