Download and File Manager Plugin (CMDM) - Downloads - Choosing Between FTP Storage or Local Storage
Downloads - Choosing Between FTP Storage or Local Storage
By default, when you and your site visitors upload files, they are stored on your local storage. Since the version 4.5.3 of Download and File Manager plugin it is possible to store the files on your FTP storage.
To change it, navigate to the Admin Dashboard → CM Downloads Pro → Settings → Storage Options tab.
The Remote Storage tab has two sections with options.
First section General has only one option:
- Choose your storage - Choose the storage type that you want to use:
- Local storage
- FTP storage
Have a note that you can use only one of the storages. For example, if you choose FTP storage, then downloads that you uploaded earlier to the Local storage will not work, and vice versa.
In this section you need to configure FTP settings. The options are:
- Host - Enter the name of your host.
- User name - Enter your FTP username.
- User Password - Enter the password of your FTP username.
- Port - Enter the port of your FTP server.
- Use SSL - Enable it to use FTP SSL mode.
- Public site URL to the files on the FTP server - Enter the public URL of the site where the user will download files from.
- FTP directory path - Enter the path of the directory where you will store the files on your FTP server.
- FTP synchronization by CRON - Disable or enable CRON for getting all downloads from FTP server. This option allows you to automatically create a download for each file which you upload directly to your FTP directory which you specified in the option FTP directory path. Note: this option was introduced in version 4.7.0.
- Remove downloads which not exist on FTP by CRON - If enabled, CRON will check files on FTP, and if they were removed, the relevant downloads will be automatically removed from the site. Note: this option was introduced in version 4.7.0.
- CRON time hours - Define the time in hours, how often CRON should run the process of automatic file synchronization with FTP server. It will check if there are new files or any old files were removed - as a result, corresponding downloads will be created or removed. Note: this option was introduced in version 4.7.0.
- Manual synchronization of files from FTP storage - Click this button if you want to run the process of file synchronization right now. Note: this option was introduced in version 4.7.0.
- Check FTP options - Clicking on this button allows you to check if you entered all your FTP credentials correctly and the connection is working successfully. Note: this option was introduced in version 4.7.0.
When configuration is done, click the button Save settings.
When using FTP storage for downloads, have a note that file names must contain only Latin letters and numbers.