RSS Post Importer - How To - Display Latest Posts from RSS Feed
How To – Display latest posts from RSS Feed.
Starting since the plugin version 1.5.7 you can display latest posts that were fetched from RSS Feed anywhere on your site. You can configure displaying by a few parameters, like what category of RSS should be displayed, how many posts and some more. The posts are be displayed in descending order - from newer to older. There are two ways how to do this - using widget or a shortcode.
Imported Posts Widget
To display latest posts using widget navigate to Admin Dashboard → Appearance → Widgets.
Find in the list widget called Imported Posts, choose a place where to add it and click Add Widget.
Then you need to configure the widget. It has the following fields:
- Title - Write here the title that will be displayed on the front-end.
- Post Type - Choose post type.
- Taxonomy - Choose taxonomy.
- Term - Choose here a category of RSS Feed that you want to display.
- Show Image - Check this box if you want to display featured image.
- Post Count - Set here the amount of displayed posts.
Example on the Front-end
You can display latest posts anywhere on your site using this shortcode:
Shortcode has the following parameters that are the same as for widget:
- post_type - Set here the slug of a post type. By default it's "post".
- taxonomy - Set here the slug of a taxonomy. By default it's "category".
- terms - Set here the slug of category the RSS Feed belongs to. Doesn't have any value by default.
- posts_count - Set how many posts should be displayed. By default it's "5".
- show_image - Set "true" to display featured image. By default it's "false".
Example of the shortcode
The following shortcode should display 3 latest RSS posts with images that belong to the category "rock".
Result on the Front-end: