Header and Footer Script Loader - Free Version Tutorial
Managing the Script in Each Post
This article covers only features present in the free version of Header and Footer Script Loader. It shows you how to add scripts and run them on your site.
Table of Contents
- Installation guide
- List of Features (Free vs Pro)
- Using the Plugin - Overview
- Adding and Managing Rules
Here are the steps needed to install the plugin:
- Download - To manually install the plugin, you must first download it from WordPress.org to your computer.
- Navigate to the Plugins tab in the WordPress Admin Panel to install the plugin.
- Activate the plugin.
TIP: Register for Benefits
If you like, you can register your plugin to receive information about updates and our latest offers. You can complete your registration at any time.
If you don’t want to register right away, you can select the Skip button.
Why Upgrade to Pro - Differences Between Free and Pro
CM Header and Footer
Using the Free Plugin - Overview
TIP: Everything In One Place
The plugin interface is straightforward. All rules are under WP Admin → Settings → General Settings tab.
What Is Allowed
The plugin allows:
Adding and Managing Rules
In the settings page, you are able to create and edit the rules.
- Script Box - Add the script here
- Script type - JS or CSS
- Script location - Header or Footer
- Autoload Option -
- All posts and pages
- Specific post types
- Don't load
- Include this script on selected post types - Only appears if you chose Specific post types above
- Delete - There is a confirmation warning before deletion
To add rules, click the Add new button.
TIP: Remember to Save!
If you leave the page without saving, all changes will be lost.
How Priority Works
Scripts are run from top bottom. If you have multiple scripts affecting the same elements, the first script on the list will be activated first and so on.