Strava Integration - BuddyPress and PeepSo - Connecting Strava
Strava Integration With BuddyPress and PeepSo - Connecting Strava
In order to use the Strava Integration With BuddyPress and PeepSo plugins, you must have a Strava account and obtain a Strava API Client ID and Client Secret.
These two codes will grant the add-on permission to safely connect to your Strava account.
- Both Client ID and Client Secret can be obtained by in the Strava Create an App page.
- In it, fill the form stating the website (e.g., https://test.com) and domain (without any additional parts e.g. test.com) you are going to use your Strava integration on - the other fields are not important for the add-on. For more information, refer to Strava's API Documentation.
- You will then be prompted to add an icon to the app.
- After that, you will be redirected to the app screen, which contains both Client ID and Client Secret, as shown:
- Copy these to the plugin's settings. The path is Admin Dashboard → CM Strava BuddyPress/PeepSo → Settings → General → Strava API section.
- Save the settings.