Appointments iCal Sync Integration - How to Export the iCal Feed to Another Software (Google Calendar, Facebook Events etc)
How to Export the iCal Feed to Another Software
TIP: Is My Software Compatible?Some of the most popular calendar software with iCal support:
- macOS /iOS Calendar
- Facebook Events
- Google Calendar
- Most native Windows calendars
Check the full List of applications with iCalendar support - Wikipedia
Once the iCalendar Feed is enabled for a calendar, you can export it to different software. This means you can view events, but not edit them. If you still have not enabled it, check the guide Enabling the iCalendar Feed for a Calendar.
To export the iCal feed, first you must fetch the feed link and then input it into the desired application.
Example: Calendar in Google Calendar
Fetching the link
There are two ways to get the feed link for a calendar.
1) The "iCalendar Feed" Column
When managing the calendars, the iCalendar Feed column will show the links for the enabled feeds. To retrieve it, simply click the respective link, as highlighted:
2) The Feed URLs List
You can find the list of feed URLs with every enabled feed in the path CM Appointments Booking Pro → Options → iCalendar Feed tab. An example is shown below:
Importing the Link Into Another Software
This process depends on the software used and, for in-depth information, you should refer to its own documentation. The basic outline is to import the calendar as a feed URL.
Example: Google Calendar
- Open Google Calendar.
- Next to "Other calendars" on the left, click the Down arrow and select "Add by URL".
- Enter the calendar's address (iCalendar feed URL) in the field provided.
- Click Add Calendar. The calendar will appear on the left side under "Other calendars".
- Now your calendar can be accessed from Google Calendar!