Download and File Manager Plugin (CMDM) - Add-ons - Integration with bbPress
Integration with bbPress
You can automatically create a bbPress topic when a download is created or allow a download author to choose an existing topic.
The bbPress topic can replace the build-in CMDM support Forum.
This addon works with the Download and File Manager plugin - Pro version.
How to integrate Download and File Manager Plugin with bbPress
- Download, install and activate Downloads bbPress Add-on.
- Create a bbPress forum for the CM Downloads topics.
- Navigate to the Admin Dashboard → CM Download Manager → Settings.
- Click on the Download Page tab.
- Scroll down to the bbPress section. Choose a bbPress forum to create new topics.
If enabled then the new bbPress topic will be automatically created for new downloads in the chosen forum. The administrator can change the topic per each download.
- Enable option Show bbPress tab.
- Go to the Support section on the Download Page tab and disable option Enable support tab for downloads if you don’t want to use the built-in support forum. If enabled the bbPress tab with the related topic will be displayed on the download page. If the download has no related topic then it won't be displayed.
- Now a new support topic will be created by default for each new download.
Creating new download item
When creating a new download you can assign to it related topics. Scroll down to the bbPress topic field.