CM Footnotes (CMF) - How To - Add Footnotes From A Post
Adding a Footnote from Any Post
On each post from the list defined in the Settings, you will find a metabox titled "CM Footnote - Add" which will support adding a footnote directly from this post.
This is great way to quickly add footnotes to the text without the need to open separate tabs.
Clicking on it will open a dialog box which includes all footnote properties.
Add new Footnote - Popup Window
In the window you need to fill the basic information about the Footnote item:
- Title - the word or phrase for which you'd like to add a definition in the footnote.
- Description - the description of the word/phrase selected above. It can be just text, but you can also add all of the HTML styling and elements to make it look great.
- Restrict to this page - by selecting this checkbox you can choose that the newly created Footnote will only be displayed on the page you're currently editing and not on the others.
- You can also make the same later by going to the list of Footnotes in plugin's menu, selecting the Footnote from the list and editing the footnote item.
- Update - in case you have a lot of Footnote items and you're not sure if the Footnote for current word/phrase exists or you're sure about that and just want to update the Description you can check this
After filling the form, you just click the "Add Footnote" and after a short while it will be added and you'll be able to get back to.