Multi-Vendor Marketplace - Adding Supplier Ratings to Product Page
Adding Supplier Ratings
Our customers experienced some difficulties with custom themes and displaying “Supplier Ratings” on product pages. For that reason, we decided to move this feature to a separate block.
This separate block needs to be placed manually, following these steps:
- Enable 'Supplier Ratings' feature in the Admin Panel
- Edit your layout XML file (catalog.xml) If you don’t have a custom theme, and you use Magento default template, this file is placed at:
- versions < 1.9: /app/design/frontend/base/default/layout
- versions ≥ 1.9: /app/design/frontend/rwd/default/layout
<block type="marketplace/catalog_product_supplier_rating" name="marketplace.supplier.rating" as="supplier_rating" />
Your layout should now be ready!
"Supplier Ratings" can be put anywhere in the template:
- Go to your theme's template
- Open catalog/product/view.phtml
- Insert the following line where you would like the "Supplier Ratings" information to appear:
<?php echo $this->getChildHtml(‘supplier_rating’);?><br><br>