CM Video Lessons Manager (CMVLM) - Settings - General
On the WordPress dashboard navigate to CM Video Lesson Manager → Settings → General.
- Permalink prefix - Defines the URL permalink all videos will be listed under.
- Bookmarks page - Select from the drop down menu to create a new page or display the bookmarks on a certain page. The plugin will create a page if you choose the "-- create new page --" option inserting the needed shortcode inside this page.
- Statistics page - Select from the drop down menu to display the statistics on a certain page or to create a new page for this. The plugin will create a page if you choose the "-- create new page --" option and also insert the needed shortcode inside this page.
- Resume when watching video - This setting applies to all videos.
To obtain API keys for Vimeo or Wistia see our article for this.
Once the Vimeo API keys have been obtained (for more info on gaining API keys see the documentation page) please add them in the following locations:
- App Client Identifier - Use the Vimeo App to obtain the client identifier, and enter it in the provided box.
- App Client Secret - Use the Vimeo App to obtain the client secret and enter it in the provided box.
- Access token - Enter the access token in the box provided.
- Cache lifetime for Vimeo API - Set the number of seconds to cache results of the Vimeo API in the box.
- Cache lifetime for Vimeo API privacy checks - Enter the number of seconds to cache the results of the Vimeo API requests which are checking the privacy settings. This is important to often check the privacy settings in order to add the current website to the video domains' whitelist. Caching will increase the load times. Set 0 to disable.
- Who can watch videos - Toggles whether or not site visitors must be logged in to watch videos.
- Disable lesson page - You can disable the lessons' pages and then you'll be able to use only the playlist shortcodes.
- Unlock private videos - Use this button to add your domain name to the whitelist of each private video. Warning: this can exceed your Vimeo API limits. To do this manually in Vimeo - go to a Specific video → Settings → Privacy → Where can this video be embedded? → Only on sites I choose.
Clicking on the clear cache button clears the cache and can help Video Lessons Manager to stay in sync with Vimeo. Caching prevents too many requests between the website's server and the Vimeo API servers. It also improves the overall plugin performance and the website load time. When admins notice that some videos are not properly synchronized with Vimeo it's possible to purge the cache store using the " Clear cache" button.
Click on the "S ave" button to save any alterations.