CM Ad-Changer (CMAC) - Getting Started - Plugin Settings
After installing the server side plugin, navigate to Admin Panel -> Ad-Changer -> Settings where you will see settings tabs.
- Server Active – Defines whether the Ad Changer Server is active to accept banner requests, In this screenshot above server is not active therefore will not show ads locally or remotely.
- Disable history functionality – Turn off data collection on clicks, impressions, etc. This may help improve speed and performance.
Server Geo-location Settings are employed with an API developed by http://ipinfodb.com/, which can be used to show in the report and statistics the geographical location of users accessing your ads. It does not however let you define campaigns by geo location.
Choose Slideshow Options for Rotating Banners, such as switch effect, intervals, and transition time. This setting are client based therefore can be changes on the client side while running the same campaign.
Server Custom CSS settings relate to the layout of banners on your website. This setting overrides the style.css parameters in WordPress.
Responsive banners resize according to the screen size of the device being used. With responsive banners, your ads are always appropriately resized according to device requirements.
- Using Banner Variations – When this option is active, banner variation which means that only banners with appropriate dimensions will be displayed. This allows client sites to ask the server for the correct banner size, and display it according to current browser settings. Browser settings are detected before the server shows the banner, this sometimes means that there is a slight delay in loading the banner before it is served to the client.
- Choose Variations based on Width – Whether or not specific banners are chosen is primarily determined by the device screen width, or by the width of the page or div element which contains the banner shortcode or widget.
- If No Variations are Available – Allow the plugin to Resize Banners in cases when there the appropriate variation for a particular device is not available. This option allows responsive banners to accommodate for a foreseen circumstance when all the banner variations are larger than expected, or for when no other defined banner variation exist.
View our Ad Changer’s Responsive Ad Example
The Server Information console shows compatibility information relevant to debugging issues with the plugin. Use this for troubleshooting.
One of the most important indication is the GD library which is an important module which is required in order for the Ad Changer to process and display images.
To check if GD is installed on your server, you may use one of the following tools: